The Youth Ministry at PCTR exists to reach out to the youth in the congregation and community, to introduce them to a relationship with Christ, to support them as they grow and mature in their faith and to help them discover their gifts and talents to go out into the world to serve Christ and to further his kingdom.
PCTR is a great place to be a student!
Today, youth are busier than ever! They are involved in school, work, sports, clubs, and home. In the craziness of life, PCTR provides a home where you are accepted, loved and can be renewed to face the challenges of life.
We offer students in grades 6 through 12 a wide range of opportunities to develop and deepen their relationship with Jesus, to discover their God-given gifts and to experience the true friendship found in Christ. Being a part of our Youth Group gives students a place to serve, learn and belong. Our fellowship group for senior high students (9th – 12th grade) is called FISH and meets each Monday evening at 7:30 pm. CAST, our fellowship group for junior high students (6th – 8th grade), meets each Monday evening at 5:30 pm. We also have Engaging and interactive Bible Studies for Both Jr High and High School on Sunday Mornings at 11:15am.
Each summer many of the youth of PCTR go on a mission trips around the country to serve and to put their faith into action. Check out our Summer Trips for 2017!
Youth Group – High energy and fun time with worship and games with a focus on small groups. These groups seek to provide a small and intimate group where bonds of trust can be built while students grow in faith together.
Youth Bible Study – This fun and engaging look at the Bible and issues of faith is a great way for students to engage with their faith on a deeper level on Sunday mornings
- Jr. High – Sundays at 11:15am in Meeting Room A
- High School – Sundays 11:15am in the River.
Youth Music – Our Youth Music program seeks to engage students though music and has students lead the congregation in worship regularly.
- Summer Mission Trips – Each summer we take 2 mission trips, one with Jr. High and one with High School. These are meaningful times where students can discover their gifts, grow closer to God and each other and serve others.
- Service Projects – These events seek to help students think outside themselves and to put their faith into action. They also help students to discover their gifts and talents and how to use them to further God’s kingdom.
- Outreach Events – These events are designed to attract students who would not normally come to our events and introduce them to what we do as a church.
- Fun Events – These events seek to provide fellowship opportunities for students and a safe environment to invite friends and welcome newcomers.
- Confirmation – Confirmation is the process by which students become members of the church. The class will be help in the spring,
- Weekend Retreats – We plan periodic weekend retreats with the MS and HS to get them out of their comfort zone and to examine their faith in a new way.
For more information about the Youth Ministry Programs here at PCTR contact Scott Slawson, Director of Youth Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-349-1331 x244.