Church School is returning to our 10:30 am Sunday worship services starting Mother’s Day, May 9th. Please note, church school will only be available at 10:30 during this initial transition period. This will allow us to work through new processes and current protocols at one service before expanding to additional times at some point in the future. It will also give us time to grow our volunteer base to support the increased need for helpers during church school at this stage of the pandemic. (More on how you can help with that in a moment!)
Here is what you need to know before joining us next weekend:
- Worship reservations are required to attend in-person services. This helps us manage capacity and social-distancing requirements as well as provides us a list for contact tracing if needed. Reservations open every Tuesday at 8 am and close every Friday at 5 pm. You can register at pctr.org/reservations.
- The reservation system now includes an updated form for the 10:30 worship service to help us prepare for church school attendees. (Click here for the “How to” details.)
- Children attending church school should be brought to their class prior to the start of worship. They will be picked up in the same room at the end of worship. Pre-K friends should be brought to The Crossing, children in K-2 should be brought to The Mission Room, and children in grades 3-5 should be brought to The River.
- Face masks are required for children attending church school. This is in accordance with current CDC recommendations and NJ state requirements that all individuals over the age of 2 be masked while gathered indoors. We appreciate your cooperation with this.
- Likewise, we will do our best to practice social distancing while in our classes, as well as take precautions like handwashing, limited sharing of supplies, and other appropriate measures in accordance with current recommendations.
- These changes do require an increase in the number of volunteers we have supporting our regular church school teachers and that is where you come in! If you would like to join the fun on a rotating basis, please contact Michael Barozzie for more details at [email protected] or call the office at 732-349-1331. You can also visit pctr.org/childrenvolunteer to sign-up.
We also recognize that now is not the right time for every family to return to in-person worship and church school. If that is you, we hope you’ll join us online for worship at pctr.org/live, at facebook.com/pctrnj, or at youtube.com/pctrnj. We also encourage you to join our PCTR parent group on Facebook for access to our weekly church videos, as well as other Children’s Ministry updates.
If you have any questions about these changes or other Children’s Ministry programs, we would be happy to talk with you. You can reach Michael directly at [email protected] or call the church office to have Michael or a member of the Children’s Commission get in touch with you.