PCTR strives to create an environment that is welcoming and safe for ALL of God’s children – regardless of special needs and disabilities. We seek to give these children access to the opportunities that other members of our church family enjoy. We also desire to be a support system and a haven for those who care for loved ones with special needs and disabilities.
- Worship & Church School – We provide additional assistance in Worship and Church School at each worship service. While it is goal to meet each child’s individual needs, some examples of support we can provide would include:
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Sensory Swing
- Sensory Bags (available in the Welcome Center)
- One-on-One Buddy for Worship / Church School Attendance
- Sign Language Interpreter (5 pm Saturday service)
- “Quiet Room” (Coming Fall 2019!)
- Teen/Young Adult Fun Night (2nd Friday of the month @ 6:30) – PCTR facilitates social gatherings on a monthly basis for teens/young adults with special needs or disabilities. The evening consists of pizza, activities, (i.e. games, movies, etc.) and the opportunity for fellowship and relationship-building. This also allows parents the rare opportunity to have a bit of time to themselves.
- Parents Support Group (4th Thursday of the month @ 7:00) – This provides an opportunity for those raising children with special needs/disabilities to share the weight of their struggles, and gain strength and encouragement from others walking through similar situations. Note: Child care is provided at these meetings.
Our heart’s desire is to meet the needs of your family to the very best of our ability. We welcome the opportunity to discuss these needs with you at any time. Please contact Michael Barozzie ([email protected]) or by phone at 732-349-1331 X 226. We look forward to coming alongside you and your family in whatever ways we can!
To sign up complete our online form below or contact Michael.
For more information about the Special Needs Ministry here at PCTR contact Michael Barozzie, Director of Children’s Ministry at [email protected] or 732-349-1331 x 226.