The Presbyterian Church of Toms River Senior Gift
A Gift for YOU from PCTR
You have come so far! As the family of faith here at PCTR we want to celebrate the journey you are on. We hope that PCTR has been a blessing in your life and that this will continue to be a place you call “home” regardless of where the future may lead you.
The Senior Gift: The Scholarship Committee of the Presbyterian Church of Toms River has recently evaluated what was once the scholarship program at PCTR. Through an original gift in memory of William and Helen Fisher, and additional donations from the congregation over the years, the scholarship fund continues to grow. We have been blessed to support PCTR students as they have pursued their college degrees. Beginning in 2018, we have prayerfully decided to amend the eligibility requirements from a merit-based system to a program that recognizes the accomplishments of every student as they complete High School.
Purposes of the Senior Gift Program:
• To recognize and celebrate the completion of High School by students involved in the life of the church here at PCTR.
• To give a financial gift to students to help with the cost of college or the next step in their journey
• To identify stories about how God has been at work in the lives of students during their time at PCTR.
Eligibility: If you are actively involved in the life of the church, and the age of a traditional senior in high school, then you are eligible for a “Senior Gift” from PCTR. (You may only receive the “Senior Gift” once.)
Amount of Financial Gift: The amount given each year will depend on the number of seniors applying, and the performance of the Endowment Fund over the previous year. All students each year will receive the same amount.
The total amount available for gifting will be determined annually by the Session. The aggregate annual gifts shall not exceed ten percent of the designated endowment balance as of December 31st of the previous year.
Senior Recognition Service: Gifts will be distributed at the Senior Recognition service on Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 5pm. Please plan to attend and encourage your family and friends to celebrate with us!
Complete the online form below by June 5th, 2019. On the online form, you will be asked to include a picture of yourself as well as an essay about your time here at PCTR and the ways that God has been at work in your life.
Print version: If you cannot complete the form online, please contact the Scott Slawson, Director of Youth Ministry, at [email protected] for a paper copy of the form to complete.
Some ideas of things to include in the essay.
– Your Story – what would you like us to know about you, your faith journey and how we might continue to support you along the way?
– What brought you to PCTR and what has being involved at PCTR meant to you?
– What is your relationship like with God? What are you hoping to find along your faith journey?
– Who/What inspires you most?
– What is your favorite scripture? Why?
– What are your plans for the future and what do you hope to accomplish?
Questions? Please contact the Director of Youth Ministry, Scott Slawson at [email protected]