2018 Lenten Devotional
This Lenten season we encourage you to join us, daily, as we seek to make space in our lives to encounter the Living God through His Word using a simple but powerful method (SOAP) to help us dig in to the Bible. The entire Bible points to the good news of Jesus. We will look at the “I AM” Sayings of Jesus and how they show us who Jesus is.
Grab a pen & your Bible – follow this simple guide below!
S for Scripture
- Read the Bible verse for the day & allow God to speak to you.
- Look up a few of the suggested verses & connect them to the verse for the day. What do they tell us about Jesus?
O for Observation
- Write down what struck you or caught your attention in what you read.
- What do you think God is saying to you in this scripture?
- Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and reveal Jesus to you. What does this passage show you about Jesus?
- Respond to the personal question for the day.
A for Application
- What does this passage mean for your life today?
- Write how you can apply this scripture today.
P for Prayer
- Ask God to help you apply this scripture to your life.
- Prayer is a two-way conversation, so be sure to listen to God.
- Write out what you hear and anything you want to emphasize in prayer.