How many times have you committed to reading the Bible from cover to cover. Maybe you started off on your own at Genesis 1:1. Maybe you found a reading plan that promised to guide you through a little at a time with bite-sized chapter and verse designations. Perhaps you dove in as part of a group. Perhaps you jumped in on your own. At some point, you got off track; maybe it was the laws and penalties detailed in Leviticus or the 1st census of Israel in Numbers, maybe it was further along. Your goal got sidelined. Time passed. You decided to start over. And yet again, you got derailed. Sound familiar?
Here’s the good news: You are not alone. In fact, you’re in good company.
Here’s the better news: We’re going to change that!
Join us on our church-wide journey from Genesis to Revelation using The Story, which presents 31 chapters of carefully-selected scriptures sequenced in chronological order. This is the Bible written in a format that reads like a novel.
Starting October 6/7th, we’ll begin our journey through God’s Story, and we’ll explore how it influences our story and your story. For 31 weeks, the sermons you hear in worship will be connected to a chapter of The Story. There will be study groups and other Story related opportunities to participate in (see below.)
This is going to be faith growing and life changing! Are you ready?
If you’d like to read along with us, you can pick up your copy of The Story at the PCTR Welcome Center or call the church office at 732-349-1331 or email [email protected]
Here are some ways you can dig deeper into The Story:
- Read along with us! (If you need a copy of the book, you can purchase one at the Welcome Center on the weekend or the church office during the week.
- Sign up for the Story email group by sending a message to [email protected] with the subject line “Join Story Email Group. We’ll send you reminders to read, as well as material to help you dig deeper into the text.
- Attend worship each week. From October to May, our sermons will be connected to a chapter of The Story.
- Stick around after worship for our Sermon Discussion Group at 10:30 am or 11:30 am on Sundays.
- Join our Story study group at Monday Night LIF! We meet at 7 pm.
- Teens, join us on Monday nights for CAST (Jr. High) and FISH (Sr. High). We’ll be making our way through the Story together, too!
- Children, come out for AIM Club(K-5) and STAR Club (Pre-K). Our program will include the The Story this year!
- There’s more than one way to tell a story. Jump into one of our Storytelling workshops this year as we explore different mediums of story telling including: photography, poetry and stories, song writing, scrap-booking, crafts, art and more.
- Keep your eyes on our website and our Facebook page as continue to share news about more opportunities.